Today is the day that many spend time with their sweethearts and share chocolate covered strawberries. I don’t have chocolate, but I do have strawberries. February is heart-healthy month and fresh fruits and good fats are always in order for a heatlhy heart and life.
One of my “go-tos” to help make quick smoothies, an immersion blender. Quick and painless and you are out the door. Make it a double and give the other one to your sweetheart.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- ½ medium banana
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ – ½ avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- Water if needed
Instructions: Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth