As a child, I remember spending long hours outside with my friends. I’d wake up early to go to swim team, then stay to help the lifeguards teach swim lessons. I’d eat some lunch, stay for open swim and head home around dinner. After dinner, we would all meet at our neighbors house for square 4. Only it square 16! Before heading in at night, I’d lay at the end of the driveway and just look at the sky and the beautiful stars in the vast dark sky.
So much has changed since those long days. I watch my grandchildren jump in water puddles and follow a butterfly in flight. Today, unplug, make a batch of these chocolate dipped strawberry/banana pops and catch fireflies.
- 2 cup strawberries
- 2 medium banana
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips, dark
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Blend together strawberries and bananas.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Once popsicles are frozen, dip in chocolate and slightly shake off chocolate.
- Allow chocolate to harden.